Earlier this week I was intrigued by a post referenced by Creature Comforts on Twitter about honesty in blogging. I agree that often in blogging we only show our guest face with pictures that we feel fit a model of perfection but are drawn to reading the posts that show real life in all of its grittiness.
I personally know that I avoid topics that feel might get negative comments or that are not in the imagined ideal of a blogging housewife. So this post among others that will be connected on Creature Comforts blog today are all about honesty and the things we leave in the shadows of blogland.
– I am not into Pinterest. I know gasp but the recipes usually have ingredients hard for me to get in Sweden, I do not have money to be decorating our apartment like crazy, and frankly my life is just fine without hundreds of fancy quotes.
– I am probably late to the game but I am really into watching Jersey Shore lately.
– Almost all the books I have read in the past 5 months have either had a vampire or a supernatural theme. They also have mostly been YA. If you come to our house though and look at the books on the bookshelf you would never know.
– When I am feeling homesick I play country music really loud and sometimes secretly wish it is bugging my neighbors.
– I do not like red wine. I feel like every female in their late twenties loves red wine and I would much rather drink a beer.
– I think people I leave rambley (and that is not real word) blog comments but I figure on rambley comment is better then no comment right?
– I am totally out of the loop on the presidential race, I actually think that Mr. H knows more about what is going on then I do. In that vein I also know basically nothing about Swedish politics, I just cannot get myself to focus enough to read about it.
– Lastly I am a size 12 and feel the popular thing to do was to talk about how I should exercise and all sorts of blah blah blah. The thing is though I and my husband love the way I look!