I have been able to meet two bloggers in real life, which for living in the middle of nowhere is pretty good I think, and one was the very lovely Emma. Or as Mr. H calls her the British Kiwi Emma, seriously he asked me about five times if she was really from New Zealand as she whizzed us through London like a pro.
Now I can be a bit ummmm lets say easily distracted and way back in summer sometime Emma nominated me for a Liebster Award and I copied the questions down in Stickies and then just saw them yesterday. So I am going to combine this One Lovely Blog Award with those questions!
The rules are pretty straight forward;
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post (or elsewhere on your blog).
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate some other blogs to receive the award – blogs that you admire for sharing stories in a “lovely” way.
Fact: (Battlestar Galactica)
1. I have never had my hair professionally cut in Sweden, I always just hack away at it myself and wait till we visit California and get it done there.
2. I do not own a pair of plain white socks, they are all either crazy colored or patterned preferably both.
3. We have no ceiling light in our bedroom since when we tried to put one up I accidentally shorted the breakers and we just gave up after that.
4. I want to get a quail tattoo as it is the state bird of California and my dad would also love it.
5. I can bend over and touch the floor with my palms which always impresses people but I think it is more to do with being short than how flexible I am.
6. I hate the sounds of lawnmowers and dream of living somewhere where I never have to hear one again.
7. It usually takes me over an hour to do a blogpost because I click away to other tabs or leave the room and forget all about it!
1. Who or what has inspired you to travel? I am inspired to travel because I like to see how things work, I like to see for myself if Greeks are really very friendly and if you can really find amazing pastry all over France.
2. Backpack or suitcase? Suitcase that I can convince Mr. H to drag, I hate the sound of those little suitcase wheels clacking along a street.
3. Song that epitomises travel for you. America by Simon and Garfunkel
4. What period of time would you most like to visit? I would love to see New York city in the 50’s, so much energy and life feeling fresh in a new post war world.
5. What’s the strangest food you really want to try? I have no idea, maybe camel I tried horse so camel seems the next logical step right.
6. Beach, mountain or jungle? O hells no ever the jungle to many bugs and ugh just no jungle ever, not even the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland. Mountains though I like, not Bear Grylls style but a nice cabin with views of trees and a lake I can handle.
7. What is your best piece of travel advice? Only do and go where you want, if that means doing a picture in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa or trekking through the Amazon then do that and you will be happy and do not give a rats ass what others think.
8. How do you like to unwind after a long day on the road? At a cozy pub with a cheese platter and a cider.
9. If you had a super power, what would it be? Can never gaining weight be a super power because if so I want that one.
Cynthia from Adventurings – I really like the way she blogs about living abroad in a straightforward way like me!
Kaelene from Unlocking Kiki – Want to feel motivated to appreciate the world around you, read this blog!
Sarah from The Mountain Rambles – A brand new blogger whose posts already have me hooked.
Jennie Shaw – If you like to laugh, read well written book reviews and be amazed by what people can do with nail polish then Jennie is the girl for you.