The other day I sent this Buzzfeed article 29 Things Married People Do When Their Spouse Is Out Of Town and asked him what he thinks I do from the list when he is gone.
He responded eating out of bowls for sure, well when I sent him the link I was eating leftover green bean casserole out of a bowl!
It got me thinking though that without meaning to I eat vastly different when I am home alone then when Mr. H is home.
1. I eat most of the meals on the couch, when we are home together we only ever eat on the couch when we are sick or hungover. When I am home alone though the table just seems so big and the couch is so comfy, especially smack dab in the middle!
2. I watch TV when I eat, with Netflix every show is just waiting for me to start it so I can sit back on the couch and have a multi sensory eating experience! When Mr. H is home we try to keep the TV off and talk, it works about 90% of the time unless you guessed it we are hungover!
3. I play the crazy food mashup game. In the picture above I am eating lettuce, carrots, shredded cheese, salsa, graddfil, then cut up and reheated black bean enchilada because you know just reheating the enchilada and eating it off a plate would be so boring!
5. I will sometimes just eat leftovers cold out of the container they were stored in the fridge in, it saves me washing additional dishes and is faster.
6. Number 5 mostly happens though because I will get caught up in what I am doing around the house, ie watching TV and looking at stuff online, and then realize it has been hours and hours since I last ate and am past hungry into hangry territory.
So what about you do you eat different when you are home alone?