I was lucky enough to get the Sunshine Award from Ace at Life in Dutch! I was so happy as it is great to know you are making new blog friends and I love sharing and answering questions!
The rules are:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share eleven random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the eleven questions set by your nominating blogger.
4. Nominate eleven bloggers yourself.
5. Post eleven questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Let your nominees know they’re up.
11 Random Facts:
1. I sneeze a ton, and when I sneeze it is about 5 at a time.
2. I have a very loud voice, it comes from my dad but I often have no idea I am being louder than everyone else.
3. I love to buy postcards and often intend to send them to people but they all just end up piled high in my stationery stuff.
4. Every single sweater I own for winter is striped, not on purpose but the striped ones always go on sale and I would rather have all striped sweaters and save money!
5. I have not driven a car since we moved to Sweden in June of 2011 and am now really scared to try again.
6. I love blankets and have a fabric basket full of them next to the couch so I can always be warm and comfy on the couch.
7. My dream is to one day have a place big enough so I can have my own craft room because I hate cleaning up my supplies when in the middle of a project.
8. I cannot stand eating chips out of the bag and always insist that they are put in a bowl, even if I am eating them home alone they need to be out of the bag.
9. I love weird and random trivia, I would love to play Trivial Pursuit all the time but sadly we only have on version.
10. I also love to read books from the mid to the early 20th Century and therefore according to Mr. H all my references only old people would get!
11. In that same vein I am currently very interested in learning about WWI and then telling Mr. H everything I know and planning visits to old warfields!
1. What is your favorite hobby/leisure time activity? I would say reading, I just love to read and could spend hours and hours reading. Since I love to read so much I often have more than one book going at a time and will even read cookbooks like a normal book.
2. Where is your favorite place that you have visited and why? I think Scotland, I did a brief visit back in 2005 and ever since I have wanted to go back and see the wonderful green hills and rocky coasts.
3. If you could try any job/activity for a day, what would it be? I would love just for a day to be able to produce beautiful music. At the moment I can make music of a sort but nothing any would sit for even for free.
4. Would you describe yourself as an introvert or an extrovert? I am an introvert through and through, often times I have to but forced out of the house.
5. What is your favorite holiday/event to celebrate? I love celebrating and decorating so very very much, I really love Christmas though as there is music and parties and presents!
6. What is one food no one could ever convince you to eat? Hmmm I have a real hard time with mixed texture food and so something like rice pudding or tapioca makes me want to super gag.
7. What is the number one goal you would like to accomplish over the next year? I would love to tackle a complicated cross stitch piece, so far I have only done very basic pieces and would love to make something I could hang on the wall.
8. Who is your favorite fictional character (from a book, tv show, movie, play…) and why? I believe I wrote before on my love of Agatha Christie characters beyond them I really love the detective Maise Dobbs, I know I know but I just love detective books and there is wonderful references to WWI in the books!
9. What were your favorite and most hated subjects in high school? I have always had a hatred for maths and loved history, right now as I type this I am watching Upstairs, Downstairs and just love all the history in it.
10. (From Liene) Name five things your refrigerator is never without. Sour Cream/Creme Fraiche, Milk, Mustard, Soy Sauce, Hot Sauce o we love our sauces in the Hemborg House.
11. (Also from Liene) If you could spend one year living anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? (Pretend language and distance from family isn’t a barrier) I would love to try out Paris, practically I know it would be a pain but it just sounds so fun!
I am sadly once again sick so the whole while I have been typing this Mr. H has been telling me to rest so I am going to leave the nominating and questions for another day!