I am a fairly shy and private person, which may seem odd since I have this blog but I control what I put out there in the inter-webs and therefore stil remain shy and private for the most part. Lately though I have been trying to push myself out a bit more and have come across some lovely women in similar situations to me which has been really uplifting!
One such lovely lady is Patricia who blogs at The DIY Frenchie whom nominated me for a Liebster award. I was so excited especially since the questions she made up will be fun to answer.
1. Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
4. Write 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Present/nominate a Liebster blog award to 3-5 other bloggers.
1. I am scared to drink green tea because once when I had something green tea flavored I had chest pains after, logically I know it is most likely not related but it still stops me.
2. I have read 40 books so far this year.
3. The first album I knew all the lyrics to was Beastie Boys Licensed to Ill, however when I had the chance to go see them in concert I declined because I was scared it would not live up to my expectations.
4. When I get mad at Mr. H I wait till he turns his back to me and make mean faces and stick out my tongue at him.
5. I am really loud, like people tend to think Americans are loud anyways but for an American I am loud and I do not care!
6. I love classical music and dream of going to symphonies one day.
7. Every summer I read Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis.
8. I love to invent my own recipes and then give them silly names like PapGoul.
9. I am currently obsessed with The Carrie Diares.
10. I have somewhat embarrassingly made it to level 153 on Candy Crush Saga.
11. Yesterday while doing chores I listened to the Beaches soundtrack and sang along.
1. What is your favorite candy?
In America I would say Junior Mints and in Sweden is pictured below:
I love fall, seeing all the leaves change color and the cooler weather which is perfect for cozy nights in.
3. Gold or silver?
In costume jewelry I like gold but my wedding band and engagement ring are silver/white gold.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Currently people who cut in line or push at the bus stop, just wait your turn the busses are huge here!!!
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
Sleeping in after Mr. H leaves early for work or school!
6. Your philosophy on life summed up in one phrase:
Follow your own dreams and be happy.
7. What does your life look like in 5 years?
This is tricky but Mr. H will be done with school and we will have moved somewhere where there is not snow on the ground in April!
8. Three things on your bucket list?
See a performance at The Royal Albert Hall in London
Make a quilt
Take a New England road trip in the fall
9. How old were you before you stopped believing in Santa Clause?
I do not remember a certain age or being traumatized by it so I guess fairly young, any family member reading remember?
10.Favorite beauty tip?
Moisturize your feet right when you get out of the shower as well as putting cuticle cream on your toenails, put socks on you will have summer ready feet in no time.
11. Best book you’ve read recently:
Fire by Kristin Cashore, it has some really mixed reviews on Goodreads but I found myself crying at the end as the story had such a beautiful tie up and message I thought.
Belinda at Found Love… Now What?
Casey at We Took The Road Less Traveled
1. Did you ever see as much snow in your current country as you did back in the States?
2. What is your favorite food you have discovered in your new country?
3. If you went to college are you currently using your degree, if not does it frustrate you?
4. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
5. When you play Monopoly which token do you pick?
6. If you could play any instrument perfectly which would it be?
7. What book/movie/song/tv show do you hate that everyone else seems to love?
8. If you could move one American store as-is to Europe which would it be?
9. What do you think is the grossest thing to put on a pizza?
10. What has been your favorite Halloween costume?
11. Would you rather live on a farm or in a big city high rise forever?