Once again this wee blog has fallen into drought mode. The drought part is pretty easy to do but bringing in the rain (posts) is the hard part. Luckily I was given the perfect oomph for a post via Meg at Something Swedish!
She nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
The rules go as follows:
State 7 things about yourself
Nominate 15 (!) other bloggers – Ummm I feel like that is a ton and am going to cut it down!
Then since I had nominated Meg with the Liebster Award she suggested I answer her questions for those as well!
1. I am really bad at telling time, like I know most adults just can glance at the clock and be all bam its 7:28 but not so much for me. Once I even went to bed really early and when Mr. H asked I thought it was a whole hour later!
2. For long trips I always wear one of the three St. Christopher medals I have and it always makes me feel a little extra safe.
3. Right now I am super into music from the 30’s and 40’s and have a playlist filled with tons of it that always makes me want to have a cocktail!
4. Speaking of cocktails due to the price of hard liquor here in Sweden I have not had any since August and am dreaming of pina colada’s or margaritas on a warm summer day!
5. Currently my Amazon cart is filled with books and books and more books all of which are either two or three in a series!
6. I have really been wanting to get either a weighted hula hoop or exercise/stability ball but since I am so short I am have not been able to find one the right height!
7. I am planning on doing a 4th of July 5K and have had two nightmares that I have missed it already!
1. Would you rather watch the movie or read the book first?
I would rather read the book first because otherwise I find myself impatient in reading waiting for key things to happen.
2. What’s your favorite holiday & holiday food?
My favorite holiday is Christmas and my favorite holiday food is my grandma’s butterscotch brownies dipped in chocolate.
3. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in February 2011 to follow our journey of moving to Sweden.
4. Do you believe in/read/follow horoscopes?
I do not read them or believe!
5. Can you tell us about your first job?
My first real paid job was working at Mervyn’s, I started right after my 16th birthday and was by years and years the youngest person there. I lasted 10 months until my dad finally encouraged me to quit because I was always working Friday and Saturday’s and my dad thought since I was young I should go out and enjoy my friends rather then be cooped up in a store where no one bought anything. I was working there on the night of September 11th though and will always remember how eerie the store felt with only one customer and how she paid by check.
6. What is your dream job?
I think my dream job would to work at a university or with students doing exchange programs but since I have never done either it is hard to know if I would really like it!
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is people cutting in line, if I have been standing waiting for the bus in the snow for 10 minutes and you try to cut in front of me expect to get jabbed by my elbows!
8. What is your favorite lyrics or quote?
This is so tricky but the one I always go back to is:
“In my happy poverty I squander like a prince” La Bohmé
9. Do you have a Bucket List? Whats #1?
I do not have a bucket list for life in general but #1 on my California bucket list is to have a bagel with lox at Alta in Newport Beach.
10. Besides any social media, whats your favorite website?
Hmmm this is a hard one but I think I would have to say Mental Floss because I love reading random facts and tid-bits plus Mr. H and I love to compete with their quizzes.