If you are an avid blog reader you have probably seen the Liebster award on a blog before, I know I have and since we all like honesty in blogging I will tell you whenever I saw one I would totally hope the person passed it along to me and then would be a little sad when I was not nominated. I know kinda lame but it just seemed like so much fun so you can imagine I was more then a little excited when Sarah nominated me this past weekend!
I even tried explaining the whole thing to Mr. H last night and once I realized I sounded like I was just asked to sit at the cool girls table and I could not wait to tell my mom I tried to quietly go back to my book but he could not help kidding me just a bit.
The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
1. Each person posts 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you, and create 10 more questions for the blogs you nominate.
3. Choose nominations and link them to your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
1. Even though I have lived in three different countries; England, Sweden, and America I have only lived in one state California.
2. I am allergic to olive trees but I can eat olives and have to take it into account when planning a trip if we were to go
somewhere where they would be in bloom since a vacation spent sneezing the whole time is not my idea of fun.
3. I have not had my hair professionally cut since January of 2011 when my mom made me before my wedding.
4. I have read 86 books so far this year and am half way through my 87th. I hope to get to at least a 100 before the year is over.
5. I love classical music and when I was a kid I would blare Beethoven to annoy my mom when other kids would be playing rap or something else reasonably loud and annoying!
6. I hate bananas and when Mr. H buys them I cannot even look at them so they are hidden in the way back of the cupboard.
7. My dream job is to work in a library, when I was 14 I volunteered at one for a summer and I loved shelving the books and helping people with the dewey decimal system.
8. I love sushi and plan on eating it all the time when I visit home next summer.
9. When I am home alone I have a bad habit of using the laptop and ipad at the same time, ok so maybe bad habit is a stretch but there are some things I think are easier to do on the ipad but then really I am a housewife what do I need to be doing so speedily!
10. I love to decorate for holidays, even ones they do not celebrate in Sweden like right now I have Thanksgiving decorations up!
11. I am totally grossed out by blood and really anything to do with a persons insides and now that Mr. H is in nursing school I keep having to cover my ears before I hear totally gross stuff!
Now for the questions!
1. Where is your happy place?
My happy place is on my couch with a mug of tea, a blankie and either a good book or my cross stitch/embroidery
2. What is your least favourite thing to do?
My least favorite thing to do is either take out the trash or vacuum, luckily I can convince Mr. H to do them most of the time.
3. Why did you choose to live where you are living?
I choose where I am currently living, Sundsvall, because the university here had a good nursing program for Mr. H and we wanted a bit of an adventure.
4. What is your absolute comfort food?
My absolute comfort food would be pasta, either with cream sauce or meat sauce or whatever if I am having a crappy day I giant bowl of pasta is always welcome.
5. If you had to pick three friends to be on your team to survive a zombie apocalypse and explain why they are on your team!
Well I this is hard especially since I have like 5 friends and one is pregnant so she would obviously get to stay home!
1. P – because she has played rugby and probably would have good moves to get them down
2. Mr. H – because obviously I would want him to survive and maybe his new medical knowledge would help us somehow
3. W – he may not count since my his my brother but he has guns which seem to feature a lot in movies with zombies!
6. What is your most favourite song?
My favorite song does seem to change with the times but right now I would say National Anthem by The Gaslight Anthem, it is the perfect blend of emotion that makes me want to listen over and over and Mr. H and I decided that The Gaslight Anthem really works well for the weather and atmosphere of Sundsvall.
7. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I think the craziest thing I have ever done is backpack around Europe for two months by myself, or maybe moving in with Mr. H after only knowing him a month and a half. You can decide which one you think is crazier but if you have a daughter I am sure you do not want her to do either!
8. If you could have coffee with anyone in the world who would it be? and why?
If I could have coffee with anyone in the world it would be you! No seriously I am pretty shy with new people and everyone I thought of I kept getting nervous I would hypothetically have to have a conversation with them so I am going to say my grandpa since I have not seen him since May and we used to always go book shopping and get coffee.
9. If you could go on an all expenses paid holiday for 2 weeks – where would it be?
If I could go on a paid holiday for 2 weeks my impulse is to say California but that feels like cheating a bit so I am going to go with London. It has everything I like in a vacation which is good restaurants, nice pubs, interesting cultural places like The Tate and most of all it is my home away from hom.
10. When did you start blogging and why did you continue to blog?
I started blogging back in February of 2011 to share our journey of moving to Sweden, or back for Mr. H, and I continue because I love sharing my life and how it connects you will so many people around the world you would have not met otherwise.
Now I nominate:
My ten questions for them are:
1. If you could have a theme song for your life what would it be?
2. What is your favorite type of sandwich?
3. Would you rather be a famous actress, signer, or author?
4. If you could live anywhere where would it be?
5. If you could invite anyone in the world, living or dead, to your birthday party who would it be?
6. If you could have any animal as a pet what would it be?
7. If you were to invite a life changing item what would it be?
8. What is your least favorite movie?
9. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
10. What is your favorite recipe to prepare?