I love trying new foods and tend to not be overly picky as to what I eat but there are some foods that I would rather eat carpet before they would ever enter my mouth.
1. Bananas – According to my mom as a baby I would eat them all day everyday but somewhere around 3 I stopped and now just thinking about eating a banana makes me gag. It also extends to banana flavored things or banana smell, if Mr. H eats one I cannot kiss him after since they are so revolting.
2. Oatmeal – I have never ever eaten oatmeal beyond one bite, when I was a kid my mom would try everything she could think of to get me to eat it but grossssssss. About two years into our relationship I decided Mr. H needed to have some hearty warm breakfasts so I made oatmeal for him, since I never ate it I had no idea how to cook it. He managed one bite before throwing it out, apparently it was still crunchy!
3. Sill (marinated herring) – In Sweden it is really popular, what not just really popular but like a national dish which my husband loves. I however find it to be cold slimy fish in sauce and I have tried it a few times thinking maybe this next one will be the magical one but I just cannot eat it.
4. Rice Pudding – This one is all about the texture, creamy food should not also have pieces in it like this. Honestly just typing why I hate it was making me gag.
5. Cow Tongue – One time in my early 20’s I was really drunk and went to a taqueria with friends, I ate my food really fast like I do every time I am drunk and so my friend offered me a bite of his burrito. I happily took the bite and then felt ill because the texture was just not right. It was a tongue burrito and it was something that once was more then enough!
Are any of these your favorite foods? What food can you not stand?